Monday, June 1, 2015

raindrops

We were walking home from mom's this afternoon, it was drizzling rain out, not even rain really, it was just sort of like the air was wet. It was cold and damp and not very pleasant!
I was just about to the door when Vince said "Oooh, a newt! I mean an eft" and I said "really? do I need to take a picture of him?" Well, of course I did!


Now, we have seen probably hundreds of these guys in our lifetime, and we still get excited when we see one! We always called them newts, even though they are really efts, which is the juvenile version of the newt. I just think they are cool. And definitely blog-worthy.
So I went and got the camera and took a bunch of pictures of him and started back to the house and said to myself, well, since I am already out here getting wet, I'll go take my daily picture of the baby robins (stay tuned for a post on those in the near future, they will be fledging soon and I have taken a picture of them every day since they were wee eggs!)
On my way back to the house from that photo shoot, I looked down at the sweet williams and said "Cool! those water drops almost look like frost!"


Then I looked at the little bunch of violas and said "Wow, those look awesome, I wonder if I can get a good shot of those drops on the petals?" I think I even said it out loud.






Wellll, those looked SO COOL! and my feet were already wet, and really, it wasn't raining THAT hard, so off I went in search of more wonders. I totally forgot about the rain, the damp, the cold feet, the dreary day.


If you look carefully into the center of this picture, you can see my reflection in the water drop.



This is a better shot of a refection, it was in a different flower.






I think this is my favorite picture, it doesn't even look real! There was water on the front and back of this daisy.


looks like it should be on a Christmas card!






I can't believe that I would have missed all this if that eft hadn't been traveling across our yard! I love my camera, it transports me to another world that I love sharing with you. I think I could spend a lifetime in just my back yard and never run out of things to photograph!






3 comments:

Mom said...

Absolutely amazing!!!

Donna Pedini said...

thanks for checking it out!

Unknown said...

Way to go kiddo! I love your stuff.