Sunday, May 31, 2015

just jewelry

I had a bunch of jewelry published in this magazine, (this is the 2nd edition of it, I had some in the first issue also, you can see more about that on the Fancifuls facebook page). We (Fancifuls) advertise in it, and my ad rep asked me if I could make some things because they needed to fill some pages, and we thought if I had some projects in there we might get some business from it.

I don't know how much new business we got from it, but it is kind of cool to see something I made in a magazine on the stand in the store!! They had it at Joannes last time we were in there. The flagged pages are the ones my pieces are on.




 Here are a few pages of the magazine. We emailed the pictures to them and they edited them for the articles. Each piece featured has the items I used and the instructions on how to make it.


this is our ad

Here is the jewelry as I photographed it.




I made these 3 pieces for a young woman, Amy, that had her leg amputated in the early spring of this year. I found out about her from my mom who found out about her from the 'Tole Painters Unite' Facebook page. Amy's aunt was asking people to send things for a courage tree for her before the surgery. I had sent a few paper things, but wanted to make her something she could wear to show her strength. She sent me a nice note and said she loved it.

This is actually the same pair of earrings, but I added the cross and another bead before I sent them to Amy.



Mom really liked these, so I made her a pair for her birthday.











No, I did not get paid for these submissions. Yes, we had to pay for the ad. I did get a free magazine though!



I sent the rest of the jewelry to The Left Bank to sell on consignment. I don't know if any of it sold, I haven't gotten a check for my May sales yet.

No comments: