Sunday, May 3, 2015

spring cleaning


 It is finally nice enough outside to clean up the flower beds. On the way out to the far fence line, I walked past the pussy willow tree and the light was shining on those puffy little buds and I wondered if I could take a picture that could capture it. So I went and got my camera and this what I got...



this honey bee was in there!

achoo!!!

this is the tree. Vince accidentally mowed over it the first year we had it because we forgot to put a marker on it. It didn't hurt it much!


ok, time to get to work! But I decided to keep the camera with me in case I found something blog-worthy.


smart move, because I almost immediately dug this guy up while removing a clump of weeds. I'm glad I didn't skewer him with my garden fork!

He wasn't too happy about being pulled out of the cold dirt and put in the sun, so I put him right back after I took his portrait. I found another one about 20 feet away under one of the pussy willow trees. 

After I got done cleaning up the fence line, I walked over to the pond and took some pictures there...


there are hundreds of these salamanders in the pond, I love to watch them, they just hang there in the water, so peaceful

These minnows showed up last year, the first fish we've ever had!

a salamander and a bullfrog tadpole (or pollywog, which is more fun to say!), it takes one to two years for bullfrog tadpoles to become frogs!


I wandered over to the purple primroses, they just looked so pretty with the yellow daffodils looking down at them that I had to take their picture again.



This the fence next to the driveway, I was able to clean this up a few weeks ago when we had the first nice weekend weather.





After dinner we were sitting on the porch enjoying the early evening, and this robin was sitting on the fence for a long time. He is so beautiful with the setting sun shining on his red breast.


It started to get chilly out so we came in and I started to clean up the kitchen, but when I looked out the window, the moon was shining through one of my favorite trees, and there was a red winged blackbird on a branch, so I grabbed the camera one more time and took these through the window....



It was the perfect ending to a great spring day, the first weekend in May!!

2 comments:

Donna M. Pedini said...

Just beautiful! I loved every picture and just think all in just your yard waiting for your creative eye to capture the moment.

Gerry said...

Wow......those are awesome.