Thursday, March 5, 2015

spring has sprung

well, inside the house anyway! I think the most benefit we are going to get out of daylight savings right now is being able to look at the piles of snow for an extra hour each day until it melts!

I brought these boxes of my spring decorations up from the basement a few weeks ago and just didn't get around to unpacking any of them til a few days ago. Vince walked by them one day and said "What's the story with these boxes, are they coming or going?" so I figured it was time to do something with them.
you can see the Valentine's decorations here

So it was down with the Valentine's. I only have one small box of Valentine's decorations, it is the smallest collection of any holiday decorations that I have. Easter is a close second. That's ok because
 my Christmas and Halloween decorations more than make up for it!


ooh! I forgot about my frog with a birthday cake!

This arrangement is in a beautiful old china mug, with a vintage spool of thread and a cute old card of tiny pearl buttons. It would make a great Mother's Day or new baby gift.

 


 These are all little vignettes that I have on various shelves in the dining and living rooms.

Gardener bunny and his box of dried herbs

 I love birds, and have many bird books and little bird figurines. 


Little gardening bird is ready to plant some flower seeds!

I love nests too!



1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Donna,

Your photos are lovely. I love pretty much everything here as well! Thanks so much for your visit and comment on my blog post today after I visited and commented on your previous post. To be honest, I am not sure how I found you, but it would be any of the following: via a comment you made on someone else's blog or perhaps while surfing through blogger's "next blog" feature at the top of our blogs. Either way, I am happy I found you. :)