Monday, February 23, 2015

pasta fazool

I thought people might be interested in how I came up with my blog name.

When I was a kid, we went somewhere, probably a wedding reception or something like that, and they were serving baked ziti. I had no idea what that was, and being the uber-picky eater that I was and still am to this day, I had to find out what it was before I would try it. I don't remember who I asked, but their response was "It's just like spaghetti, only different". It has become one of my favorite sayings. When people ask me what something is, that is usually my reply. I'm pretty sure I ate the ziti because I love spaghetti.

I don't really know what pasta fazool is, but it is fun to say, and it just might be like spaghetti, only different. And I love that line from the song That's Amore - "when the stars make you drool just like pasta fazool". Nothing says love like a little drooling under the stars!

When I finally decided to do a blog, I told Vince my 2 choices - the first was 'Time for a change', because it meant that I needed a change and that I actually had time to do something new. His response to that was "Politicians use that as a campaign slogan". Well, yuck, I am not a fan of politics in any way! So then I said "What I really want to name it is 'just like spaghetti, only different' ", and he laughed out loud. But I was afraid people might think it was a food blog, and it is a really long name that would be too much to type into a search bar. But in the end, I decided to do what I really wanted to, which is how I do most things.

Well, you know what I chose, and I hope it makes you laugh out loud, too.
I want my blog to be a fun place to visit, where you probably won't see much about food since I don't like to cook ( well maybe a little because we do have a veggie garden in the summer), and you won't hear anything about politics, either. If I can't put glitter on it, make something beautiful out of it, decorate with it, or get it from my garden and put it in a vase, you probably won't see it here!

No comments: