Sunday, November 20, 2016

Distillery part 11: the restroom, we're finished!

Since our Grand Opening is going to be next Friday, I figured I should tell everyone that we are finally finished working on the distillery! It is hard to believe that it has been a year since we were waiting for the building to be delivered the week of Thanksgiving.



Here is the restroom from start to finish, it was a lot of work, but a great outlet for my creativity and I am super excited about how it turned out.

I really wanted a Treebeard type character in there. This resin face made it really easy!


I drew all these figures and then made copies to cut out and decoupage onto the wall. it was a lot easier than trying to draw right on the wall.

I've had this mirror forever, it had so much paint on it that some of the detail was filled in! It took me as long to strip this as it did to paint the bathroom!

I sanded the back of the mirror and put this fairy behind the glass.


We got this slab of wood from our friend Neil a few years ago not really knowing what we would do with it. It is the perfect base for our sink. It was a bit of a challenge to make it compliant with the ADA handicapped specifications, but we were determined!



Making the forest floor.

The mirror and sink are installed and decked out! The woodland sprite watches over the paper towel holder.


The forest is complete! Fairy lights in the trees are the finishing touch.





We now have a website (www.dragonfyredistillery.com) and  Facebook page for the distillery, so check there for more frequent updates on what is going on there. I don't know how often I will be posting anymore, I don't have a lot of extra time since I am now doing the bookkeeping for 2 businesses, making stuff to sell in the gift shop up there, running Fancifuls and helping Vince at the distillery, and I have to do laundry sometimes!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Lovely fairy paintings!!!